Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A hall of mirrored glass, where each pane shows a possibility - each a reflection of a different place and a different time. Enter freely, but tread softly - not all reflections are places of peace.

HomeRoleplaying Resources I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am
Latest topics
» Image Wars: The Doom of Attention
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

» The Not-Marvel Marvelous Menagerie
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

» The basics of where we are today
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 am

» Meow meow.
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

» The Resurrection...
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

» The Corrupted Wish Game
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 am

Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

» Endless Story
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 am

» HERRRRRRRRRP
Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Shoutbox

Roleplaying Resources

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keeper-of-the-Glass
Admin
Admin
Keeper-of-the-Glass

Roleplaying Resources Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Resources   Roleplaying Resources I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Howdy folks, KotG here, with a conveniently stickied thread for everyone's mutual use! Consider this thread a repository for all things needed to help you find your way into Roleplaying in a universe you're unfamiliar with, or in a particular time-frame/style that you've never played in/with before! I will leave this thread unlocked, for now, so that you can add in whatever resources you think appropriate, but if it starts getting too cluttered I'll consolidate them all into one post and you can just PM me suggestions.

1) The Mary Sue Litmus Test!
http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

A very easy-to-use check-off list, I use this frequently when I'm done creating a new character - racking up a few points on this test isn't bad, but when you're checking three or four per section, well, think about changing things up a bit! Remember, this is a GUIDE-LINE. In the end, how you write the character determines the Sue-ishness, not the character itself!

2) Role-playing Tips!
http://rpmaster.webs.com/

Stuck on a certain post? Feeling a bit intimidated, maybe, by some of the other Roleplayers on the site? Or maybe you just feel like you could use a few pointers? This little site is VERY HELPFUL. It gives you a set of GUIDELINES (that's an important qualifier - you don't and shouldn't follow it exactly, 100% of the time) that you can look to if you're stuck on a post, or just feel like you could improve.

3) The Moderators and Administrators of this site!
We are here to HELP whenever you need it. Don't be afraid to ask if something's okay or not before you post, or get in on a Roleplay! Don't know about a certain universe? I guarantee you that if it exists, ONE of us will be knowledgeable enough to help you, or at least point you in the right direction. Read the above two links and still feeling nervous, or just want one or two pointers from one of us Paragons of Prose? Ask away! We won't mock you more than the obligatory paragraph's worth of humiliation, I assure you.
In all seriousness, WE LOVE TO HELP YOU. Please, PLEASE ask us, rather than not post in something because you don't feel 'good enough'. This is Roleplay. This is for fun. This is not serious business. We Roleplay to escape reality and its expectations and intimidations, so why bring in a whole new set of them for our chosen brand of escapism?

TO BE CONTINUED

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Resources
Page 1 of 1